Ancient Corinth and Nemea wine roads
Athens Tours 365 recommend on TripAdvisor!
We’ll start the tour from Athens by driving via the coastal highway to Peloponnese. The first stop of the tour to Corinth is the famous Canal of Corinth which connects the Ionian sea with the Aegean sea through the Isthmus, and joins Peloponnese to the Greek mainland. We will make a stop here about 20 minutes to look at the canal from the bridge and if we are lucky we might see a ship going through the isthmus. After the Canal we will continue our interesting tour to reach our main destination, the Ancient Corinth.
In Ancient Corinth you will see the temple of Apollo (the God of Oracles and the Sun) 540BC, the Theater, the Roman Odeon and the Glauke fountain, the museum, the Vima (step) from where St. Paul preached to the Corinthians in 52 A.D. and finally the Lechaion street.
Afterwards, we’ll take the new high way driving to Nemea a very famous region from the Greek mythology. Here Hercules did one of his twelve labours killing the lion and the Nemean Games took place. You admire farms with olive trees and vineyards. At this point, we will visit the Best Local Wineries and you will have the opportunity to taste some exceptional Greek Wines. After our visit to the Wineries, we will visit the Temple of Zeus and the Archaeological Museum of Nemea and the ancient stadium of the Nemean games. Then you can enjoy your lunch in a local tavern.
- We use vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- Ancient Corinth: Full: €8, Reduced: €4
- Acrocorinth: Full: €2, Reduced: €1
- Reduced ticket: European citizens over 65 years old, University students
- Free entrance: Children and young people up to the age of 25, from EU member-states, upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- Children up to the age of 5, from non-European Union countries, upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
Vehicle: Mercedes sedan – Capacity: 4 persons + driver
Vehicle: Mercedes minivan – Capacity: 5 up to 7 persons + driver
Museums and Archaeological sites are closed:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Easter Sunday: closed
- 1 May: closed
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
Museums and Archaeological sites are open 08.30-15.00:
- Shrove Monday:
- Holy Saturday
- Easter Monday
- Holy Spirit Day
- 15 August
- 28 October
Ancient Corinth & Nemea wine roads full day tour
With our Cape Sounion and Athenian Riviera tour, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the most wonderful highlights of Athens, the unique Athenian Riviera that offers wondrous views of Saronic Gulf and visit the Poseidon’s Temple. One of our most popular tours that gives you the opportunity to visit the Acropolis hill and the unique Lake of Vouliagmeni!
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth
- Best Local Wineries
- Nemea Archaeological Museum of Nemea
- Photography is allowed throughout the tour.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses can be really helpful all year round
Activity Level Medium