OLYMPIA TOUR AND ARGOLIS
1St DAY ITINERARY
The Olympia tour and Argolis perfectly combines the visit of four UNESCO archeological sites. The two days tour starts by driving via the coastal highway to Peloponnese. The first stop of the tour is the famous Canal of Corinth which connects the Ionian sea with the Aegean sea through the Isthmus. There, you will admire and take pictures of the magnificent Canal a great piece of work completed in 1893.
We continue our tour by visiting the famous Mycenae, which was the Kingdom of King Agamemnon and see the Lion’s Gate and the Agamemnon Grave, the Archaeological museum and the Cyclopean Walls. We will visit the beautiful Nafplio, a really romantic seaside town, the first capital of Greece until 1834. The old town has classic stone built buildings and picturesque streets. There a stop for a traditional Greek lunch is a must.
After the lunch break we will visit the Ancient Theater of Epidaurus. The whole archaeological area is impressive, and you will admire the acoustic of the famous Theater of Epidaurus and the museum. We continue our tour through picturesque villages of Mainalon mountain until we arrive at Ancient Olympia (The birthplace of the ancient Olympic Games 776BC – 393AD) The first day of the tour has come to an end!
2ND DAY ITINERARY
The morning of the second day of the tour, starts with a visit to the unique archaeological site of ancient Olympia. You will have the chance to admire many important monuments, like the ancient Stadium, the Palestra and the Temple of Zeus, the temple of Hera, the Circular Philipeio. The archaeological museum is one of the most important museums in Greece, with findings since prehistoric times. The tour around Ancient Olympia will take much time, so by the time we will leave, it will be time for lunch.
After lunch we depart for ancient Corinth, the richest city of ancient Greece. In Ancient Corinth you will see the temple of Apollo (the God of Oracles and the Sun) 540BC,the Theater, the Roman Odeon and the Glauke fountain, the Vima (step) from where St. Paul preached to the Corinthians in 52 A.D.
The Archaeological Museum and finally the Lechaion street. After the visit to Ancient Corinth the two days tour will come to an end, back to the starting point.
- We use vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- Ancient Corinth: Full: 8€ / Reduced: 4€
- Mycenae April-October: Full:€12, Reduced: €6 for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Mycenae November-March: Full: €6, Reduced: 3€ for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Epidaurus April-October: Full:€12, Reduced: €6 for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Epidaurus November-March: Full: €6, Reduced: 3€ for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Olympia April-October: Full: 12€, Reduced: 6€ for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Olympia November-March: Full: 6€, Reduced: 3€ for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Reduced ticket: European citizens over 65 years old, University students
- Free entrance: Children and young people up to the age of 25, from EU member-states, upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- Children up to the age of 5, from non-European Union countries, upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
Vehicle: Mercedes sedan – Capacity: 4 persons + driver
Vehicle: Mercedes minivan – Capacity: 5 up to 7 persons + driver
Museums and Archaeological sites are closed:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Easter Sunday: closed
- 1 May: closed
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
Museums and Archaeological sites are open 08.30-15.00:
- Shrove Monday:
- Holy Saturday
- Easter Monday
- Holy Spirit Day
- 15 August
- 28 October
Olympia and Argolois 2 days tour
The Olympia ang Argolis 2 days tour is a great opportunity to visit four UNESCO archeological sites. We will continue to the famous Mycenae and visit the picturesque Nafplio. After a short break, we will visit Epidaurus and rest in Olympia. The second day we will have much time to visit Ancient Olympia and Ancient Corinth and admire all the important monuments.
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth
- Ancient Mycenae
- Ancient Epidaurus
- Ancient Olympia
- Photography is allowed throughout the tour.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses can be really helpful all year round
Activity Level Medium