Ancient Corinth Loutraki Vouliagmeni lake and Temple of Hera tour
A private tour to Corinth canal and ancient Corinth starts by driving via the coastal highway to Peloponnese. The first stop of the tour to Corinth is the famous Canal of Corinth which connects the Ionian sea with the Aegean sea through the Isthmus, and joins Peloponnese to the Greek mainland.
We will make a stop here about 20 minutes to look at the canal from the bridge and if we are lucky we might see a ship going through the isthmus. After the Canal we will continue our interesting tour to reach our main destination, the Ancient Corinth. In Ancient Corinth you will see the temple of Apollo (the God of Oracles and the Sun) 540BC , the Theater, the Roman Odeon and the Glauke fountain the Vima (step) from where St. Paul preached to the Corinthians in 52 A.D. and finally the Lechaion street.
A visit to the Archaeological Museum which is known for its beautiful amphorae will impress you and the view from our last visit to Acrocorinthos or “Upper Corinth”, the Acropolis of Ancient Corinth, will be one of the best memories from our tour. There are the ruins of the Temple of Aphrodite and of many churches the view from there is spectacular. Acrocorinth is one of the most important medieval castle sites of Greece.
After Acrocorinth we’ll drive to Loutraki. Loutraki, just about 20 minutes from Ancient Corinth is a resort seaside city with Casino and a beautiful beach and lots of coffee shops and sea food and grill restaurants. Vouliagmeni or Heraion lake is a lagoon located 16 kilometers northwest of Loutraki, very close to the archaeological site of Heraion and to the settlement of Perachora. It has a sandy beach as opposed to Loutraki beach. The Heraion of Perachora is a sanctuary of the goddess Hera situated in a small cove of the Corinthian gulf at the end of the Perachora peninsula. This tour combines , religious monuments, Greek natural beauty, mountains, lakes, archaeological sites and of course authentic local places for lunch and drinks.
- We use vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- Ancient Corinth: Full: €8, Reduced: €4
- Acrocorinth: Full: €2, Reduced: €1
- Reduced ticket: European citizens over 65 years old, University students
- Free entrance: Children and young people up to the age of 25, from EU member-states, upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- Children up to the age of 5, from non-European Union countries, upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
Vehicle: Mercedes sedan – Capacity: 4 persons + driver
Vehicle: Mercedes minivan – Capacity: 5 up to 7 persons + driver
Museums and Archaeological sites are closed:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Easter Sunday: closed
- 1 May: closed
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
Museums and Archaeological sites are open 08.30-15.00:
- Shrove Monday:
- Holy Saturday
- Easter Monday
- Holy Spirit Day
- 15 August
- 28 October
Ancient Corinth, Loutraki, Vouliagmeni lake, and Temple of Hera full day tour
- Corinth canal
- Ancient Corinth
- Vouliagmeni lake
- Temple of Hera
9 to 10 hours
- Photography is allowed throughout the tour.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses can be really helpful all year round
Activity Level Medium