Argolis, Sparta, Mystras, Diros, Olympia tour
The beautiful three days tour starts by driving via the coastal highway to Peloponnese. The first stop of the tour is the famous Canal of Corinth which connects the Ionian sea with the Aegean sea through the Isthmus, and a visit to ancient Corinth. In Ancient Corinth you will see the temple of Apollo, the Theater, the Roman Odeon and the Glauke fountain, spread all over the archaeological site and the Archaeological Museum.
We continue our tour by visiting the famous Mycenae, which was the Kingdom of King Agamemnon and see the Lion’s Gate and the Agamemnon Grave, the Archaeological museum and the Cyclopean Walls. In the city of Mycenae we will have a lunch break, to continue the tour to the beautiful Nafplio, a really romantic seaside town, the first capital of Greece until 1834. The old town has classic stone built buildings and picturesque streets. The first day end by reaching the town of Sparta to spend the night.
The second day of the tour has arrived, and It starts with a tour around Sparta, the birthplace of King Leonidas, and all the monuments. You will see the statue of King Leonidas and visit the archaeological museum of Sparta. After a short tour in Sparta, we will head to Mystras, an UNESCO protected location where you will visit medieval castles and monasteries on a naturally fortified hill. After a good lunch, we start our way to visit the caves of Diros. Small boats will tour you in narrow passages inside the caves, where you will have the chance to admire beautiful stalagmites and stalactites. The day ends by reaching the great city of Olympia, to spend the night.
The last day of the tour, starts with a visit to the unique archaeological site of ancient Olympia. You will have the chance to admire many important monuments, like the ancient Stadium, the Palestra and the Temples of Hera and Zeus. The archaeological museum is one of the most important museums in Greece, with findings since prehistoric times. The tour around Ancient Olympia will take much time, so by the time we will leave, it will be time for lunch. After a traditional Greek lunch, we head back to our starting point! For more details and informations about our tours, contact us!
- We use vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- Ancient Corinth: Full: 8€ / Reduced: 4€
- Mycenae April-October: Full:€12, Reduced: €6 for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Mycenae November-March: Full: €6, Reduced: 3€ for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Olympia April-October: Full: 12€, Reduced: 6€ for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Olympia November-March: Full: 6€, Reduced: 3€ for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Mystras: Full: €12, Reduced: €6
- Museum of Olive and Greek Olive Oil: Full: €3, Reduced: €1,5
- Archaeological Museum of Sparta: Full: €2 / Reduced: €1
- Reduced ticket: European citizens over 65 years old, University students
- Free entrance: Children and young people up to the age of 25, from EU member-states, upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- Children up to the age of 5, from non-European Union countries, upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
Vehicle: Mercedes sedan – Capacity: Up to 3 persons + driver
Vehicle: Mercedes minivan – Capacity: 5 up to 7 persons + driver
Museums and Archaeological sites are closed:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Easter Sunday: closed
- 1 May: closed
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
Museums and Archaeological sites are open 08.30-15.00:
- Shrove Monday:
- Holy Saturday
- Easter Monday
- Holy Spirit Day
- 15 August
- 28 October
Argolis, Sparta, Mystras, Diros, Olympia 3 days tour
This tour is ideal to enjoy almost all the highlights of Peloponnese! You will have the opportunity to visit the unique Corinth Canal and Ancient Corinth. In the same day you will visit the famous Mycenae and rest in one of the most beautiful seaside towns and first capital of greece, Nafplio. The second day you will have the opportunity to visit Sparta, the UNESCO protected Mystra and the unique Diros Caves! The last day we will visit Ancient Olympia, to admire one of the most important archaeological sites & museums in Greece.
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth
- Ancient Mycenae
- Archaeological museum of Sparta
- Diros Caves
- Ancient Olympia
- Photography is allowed throughout the tour.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses can be really helpful all year round
Activity Level Medium