ARGOLIS, MONEMVASIA, SPARTI AND MYSTRAS TOUR
Athens Tours 365 recommend on TripAdvisor!
1ST DAY ITINERARY
The beautiful three days tour starts by driving via the coastal highway to Peloponnese. The first stop of the tour is the famous Canal of Corinth which connects the Ionian sea with the Aegean sea through the Isthmus, and a visit to ancient Corinth. In Ancient Corinth you will see the temple of Apollo, the Theater, the Roman Odeon, the Glauke fountain and the Archaeological Museum.
After Ancient Corinth we shall drive to Ancient Epidraurus. You’ll visit there the Ancient Theater of Epidaurus which was built in 4 B.C. very known in antiquity for the temple of Asklipios the god of medicine. The whole archaeological area is impressive, and you will admire the acoustics of this famous theater and also the museum. The theatre is used today by Greek actors who perform various ancient Greek plays.
After Epidauros we are going to Nafplio for your launch. Nafplio is a really romantic seaside town, the first capital of Greece until 1834. The old town has classic stonebuilt buildings and picturesque streets. You will have the chance to wonder around the old city and see the three highlights of Nauplio which are the three castles: Acronauplia, Palamidi and Bourtzi (a castle in the middle of the port). We spend the night in Nafplio.
2ND DAY ITINERARY
After your breakfast we start our tour by visiting the famous Mycenae, which was the Kingdom of King Agamemnon and see the Lion’s Gate and the Agamemnon Grave, the Archaeological museum and the Cyclopean Walls. Then we shall drive towards South Peloponnese. On the way to the next destination, you will have the chance to admire the wild and beautiful flora of South Peloponnese and the blue of the Argolic Gulf. We will reach one of the most precious places in Peloponnese, the Byzantine fortress town of Monemvasia. Monemvasia is a perfectly preserved medieval settlement, which connects with the main land via a bridge. Inside the built mountain Castle, you will see old mansions and really narrow alleys that transfers you to an other era. In the beautiful castle of Monemvasia you will enjoy a traditional Greek lunch in a taverna with a breathtaking view! We’ll stay overnight in Monemvasia.
3RD DAY ITINERARY
After your breakfast we shall drive to Sparta the birthplace of King Leonidas. You will see the statue of King Leonidas and you’ll visit the archaeological museum. After a short tour in Sparta, we will head to Mystras, an UNESCO protected location where you will visit medieval castles and monasteries on a naturally fortified hill. After a good lunch, we start our way back to Athens!
- We use vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- Ancient Corinth: Full: 8€ / Reduced: 4€
- Mycenae April-October: Full:€12, Reduced: €6 for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Mycenae November-March: Full: €6, Reduced: 3€ for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Epidaurus April-October: Full:€12, Reduced: €6 for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Epidaurus November-March: Full: €6, Reduced: 3€ for Museum & Archaeological Site
- Mystras: Full: €12, Reduced: €6
- Museum of Olive and Greek Olive Oil: Full: €3, Reduced: €1,5
- Archaeological Museum of Sparta: Full: €2 / Reduced: €1
- Reduced ticket: European citizens over 65 years old, University students
- Free entrance: Children and young people up to the age of 25, from EU member-states, upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- Children up to the age of 5, from non-European Union countries, upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
Vehicle: Mercedes sedan – Capacity: 4 persons + driver
Vehicle: Mercedes minivan – Capacity: 5 up to 7 persons + driver
Museums and Archaeological sites are closed:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Easter Sunday: closed
- 1 May: closed
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
Museums and Archaeological sites are open 08.30-15.00:
- Shrove Monday:
- Holy Saturday
- Easter Monday
- Holy Spirit Day
- 15 August
- 28 October
Argolis, Monemvasia, Sparti & Mystras 3 Days tour
This tour is ideal to enjoy almost all the highlights of Peloponnese! You will have the opportunity to visit the unique Corinth Canal and Ancient Corinth and the Ancient Epidaurus to admire the acoustics of this famous theater and rest in one of the most beautiful seaside towns and first capital of greece, Nafplio. The next day you will visit the famous Mycenae and the most precious places in Peloponnese, the Byzantine fortress town of Monemvasia. The last day you will have the opportunity to visit Sparta and the UNESCO protected Mystra!
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth
- Ancient Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Archaeological museum of Sparta
- Photography is allowed throughout the tour.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses can be really helpful all year round
Activity Level Medium