Cave of Lakes and Kalavryta Tour
We shall start our private tour by taking the westward route via the coastal line towards Peloponnesus. You will see the Saronic Gulf where the famous Naval Battle of Salamis took place in 480 B.C. between the Greeks and the Persians. Persians were defeated under the inspiration of Themistocles General. Our first stop will be the famous Canal of Corinthos which, through Isthmus, a narrow neck of land connects the Corinthian Gulf (Ionian Sea) with the Saronic Gulf (Aegean Sea) and cuts the Peloponnesus peninsula from the rest Greek mainland.
After the canal, we’ll take the highway to the west side of Peloponnesus to explore Kalavrita a very famous Ski resort by taking the rack railway from Diakofto to kalavrita named ”odontotos” in the Greek language, which is one of the few rack trains in the world and a unique attraction for Greece that connects Diakofto with Kalavryta, crossing one of the most beautiful sceneries in Greece.
Departing from the shores of the Corinthian Gulf, it crosses the Vouraikos Gorge, which forms small and larger waterfalls. When you are going to the top you’ll have free time to visit the very picturesque town of Kalavrita. Then we are going to visit the lake of the Caves.
- We use vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- Odontotos Railway: Full: 14€ / Reduced:
- Cave of Lakes: Full: 9€ / Reduced: 4.5€
- Reduced ticket: European citizens over 65 years old, University students
- Free entrance: Children and young people up to the age of 25, from EU member-states, upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- Children up to the age of 5, from non-European Union countries, upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
Vehicle: Mercedes sedan – Capacity: 4 persons + driver
Vehicle: Mercedes minivan – Capacity: 5 up to 7 persons + driver
Museums and Archaeological sites are closed:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Easter Sunday: closed
- 1 May: closed
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
Museums and Archaeological sites are open 08.30-15.00:
- Shrove Monday:
- Holy Saturday
- Easter Monday
- Holy Spirit Day
- 15 August
- 28 October
Kalavryta Tour & Cave of Lakes
Visit the beautiful village of Kalavryta which is also a very famous Ski resort during the winter season. The views from the rack train from Diakofto to Kalavryta that we will take, are unique, passing through the Vouraikos Gorge. We will visit the Cave of Lakes, and a stop to admire the famous corinth Canal will fascinate you!