ATHENS CITY TOUR
The Athens sightseeing tour starts by visiting the imposing, the naturally fortified hill of the Acropolis. The tour includes a walk that travels the visitors through ancient times in one of the oldest cities in the world, which was considered the cradle of western civilization, birthplace of philosophy, the theatre, and democracy.
By passing the monumental gate of Propylaea you’ll see the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechteion, and the Parthenon. You will enjoy too a panoramic view of Athens and Piraeus port. At the foot of the Acropolis hill, you’ll see the ancient theater of Dionysos (the oldest theatre in the world), the Odeon of Herodus Atticus, and the Areopagus (Mars hill). After the visit to the Acropolis, we’ll continue our private tour with a visit to the Temple of Zeus (the biggest temple in antiquity) and the Hadrian’s Arch, and then we’ll go to visit the famous Kallimarmaron, known as well as Panathenaic Stadium from 330 BC, where the first modern Olympic Games were revived on 1896.
On the way to the beautiful Lycabettus hill, where you will have the best view of Athens, we will make a stop at the Presidential Mansion, the ex-Royal Palace where you can enjoy the traditional Change of the Guards.
The best part of our private tour is that on our way from place to place, you will be able to see many important buildings and interesting places, such as the three buildings of knowledge (the University, the Academy, the National Library), the Parliament building and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Old Greek Parliament.
After the interesting visit to Lycabettus, we will head to the Roman Agora through the famous Plaka a picturesque place with narrow streets in the middle of Athens. You’ll admire there the tower of the winds and the library of Adrian. Then You will have free time to visit the flea market of Athens at Monastiraki square. Our private tour ends with the return to our starting point.
- We use vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- Acropolis: Full: 20€ / Reduced: 10€
- SKIP THE LINE AT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES IN ATHENS.
Skip the line at the Acropolis sites
You can buy your ticket online and avoid delay. In order to buy tickets online, click on the following link. You can book the combined ticket which includes all sites except museums in Athens.
- Temple of Zeus: Full: 6€ / Reduced: 3€
- Panathenaic stadium: Full: 5€ / Reduced: 2,5€
- Reduced ticket: European citizens over 65 years old, University students
- Free entrance: Children and young people up to the age of 25, from EU member-states, upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- Children up to the age of 5, from non-European Union countries, upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
Vehicle: Mercedes sedan – Capacity: 4 persons + driver
Vehicle: Mercedes minivan – Capacity: 5 up to 7 persons + driver
Museums and Archaeological sites are closed:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Easter Sunday: closed
- 1 May: closed
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
Museums and Archaeological sites are open 08.30-15.00:
- Shrove Monday:
- Holy Saturday
- Easter Monday
- Holy Spirit Day
- 15 August
- 28 October
Athens city half day tour
Athens city tour, is a unique 5 hours tour to all the highlights of Athens from the Acropolis hill to Monastiraki square. You will be able to visit the most beautiful areas and neighborhoods of Athens, you will enjoy the view from the hill of Lycabettus and of course you will be able to visit all the unique monuments of antiquity as well as the more recent history of Greece. You will be able to see many important buildings and interesting places, such as the three buildings of knowledge.
- Temple of Athena Nike
- Temple of Zeus
- Lycabettus hill
- Change of the Guards
- The University, the Academy, the National Library
- Monastiraki square
- Photography is allowed throughout the tour.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses can be really helpful all year round
Activity Level Medium