ATHENS RIVIERA AND CAPE SOUNION TOUR
For the Athens Riviera and Cape Sounion tour, we take the beautiful coastal avenue and pass through marvelous places and suburbs like Palaio Faliro, Glyfada, Voula where we will stop for a while to visit the unique Lake of Vouliagmeni 21 km far from Athens with medicinal waters. Its name is associated with its creation since according to geologists, the lake was formed when collapsed and sunk the roof of a cave. The temperature is almost constant throughout the year and ranges from 22 to 29 degrees Celsius. The Vouliagmeni lake has the largest tunnel in the world. It is 800 meters long and its depth reaches 80 meters. The exploration is difficult and dangerous, as has corridors forming a labyrinth 4,3 km in length.
In the same territory, we will visit the tourist resort area very known as the Laimos of Vouliagmeni which is the most luxurious place in Athenian riviera.
After a really interesting coastal drive with beautiful landscapes villages and towns like Varkiza,lagonisi, Anavisos, we will reach the southern end of Attica named Cape Sounion. Once there, you will see one of the most beautiful ancient temples from the 5th century B.C, the temple of Poseidon the god of the sea. It is built in such a way, that you should visit the temple in the afternoon so you can enjoy one of the most beautiful sunsets in your life! The private tour concludes with the return to our starting point.
- We use vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- Temple of Poseidon: Full 8€ / Reduced 4€
- Reduced ticket: European citizens over 65 years old, University students
- Free entrance: Children and young people up to the age of 25, from EU member-states, upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- Children up to the age of 5, from non-European Union countries, upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
Vehicle: Mercedes sedan – Capacity: 4 persons + driver
Vehicle: Mercedes minivan – Capacity: 5 up to 7 persons + driver
Museums and Archaeological sites are closed:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Easter Sunday: closed
- 1 May: closed
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
Museums and Archaeological sites are open 08.30-15.00:
- Shrove Monday:
- Holy Saturday
- Easter Monday
- Holy Spirit Day
- 15 August
- 28 October
Athens Riviera & Cape Sounion half day tour
With our Cape Sounion and Athenian Riviera tour, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the most wonderful highlights of Athens, the unique Athenian Riviera that offers wondrous views of Saronic Gulf and visit the Poseidon’s Temple. One of our most popular tours that gives you the opportunity to visit the southernmost part of Athens and the unique Lake of Vouliagmeni!
- Athenian Riviera
- Lake of Vouliagmeni
- Laimos of Vouliagmeni
- Cape Sounion
- Photography is allowed throughout the tour.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses can be really helpful all year round
Activity Level Medium