ATHENS SIGHTSEEING AND CORINTH CANAL TOUR
The Athens sightseeing and Corinth canal tour starts by visiting the imposing, naturally fortified hill of the Acropolis. The tour includes a walk that travels the visitors through ancient times in one of the oldest cities in the world, which was considered as the cradle of the western civilization, birthplace of the philosophy, the theatre and the democracy.
By passing the monumental gate of Propylaea you’ll see the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechteion and the Parthenon. You will enjoy too a panoramic view of Athens and Piraeus port. At the foot of the Acropolis hill you’ll see the ancient theater of Dionysos (the oldest theatre of the world), the Odeon of Herodus Atticus and the Areopagus (Mars hill). After the visit to the Acropolis we’ll continue our private tour with a visit to the Temple of Zeus (biggest temple of the antiquity) and the Hadrian’s Arch, and then we’ll go to visit the famous Kallimarmaron, known as well as Panathenaic Stadium from 330 BC, where the first modern Olympic Games were revived on 1896.
On the way to the beautiful Lycabetus hill, where you will have the best view of Athens, we will make a stop at the Presidenstial Mansion, the ex-Royal Palace where you can enjoy the traditional Change of the Guards, the Parliament building and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the three buildings of knowledge (the University, the Academy, the National Library).
After the visit to Lycabetus we will continue our interesting tour, by driving via the coastal highway to Peloponnese. The first stop of the tour to Corinth is the famous Canal of Corinth which connects the Ionian sea with the Aegean sea through the Isthmus, and joins Peloponnese to the Greek mainland. We will make a stop here about 20 minutes to look at the canal from the bridge and if we are lucky we might see a ship going through the isthmus. After the Canal we will continue our interesting tour to reach our main destination, the Ancient Corinth.
In Ancient Corinth you will see the temple of Apollo (the God of Oracles and the Sun) 540 BC., the Theater, the Roman Odeon and the Glauke fountain the Vima (step) from where St. Paul preached to the Corinthians in 52 A.D. and finally the Lechaion street. A visit to the Archaeological Museum which is known for its beautiful amphorae will impress you and the view from our last visit to Acrocorinthos or “Upper Corinth”, the Acropolis of Ancient Corinth, will be one of the best memories from our tour. There are the ruins of the Temple of Aphrodite and of many churches the view from there is spectacular .Acrocorinth is one of the most important medieval castle sites of Greece. After Acrocorinth you may have your lunch at ancient Corinth before we take the way back in Athens.
- We use vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- Acropolis: Full: 20€ / Reduced: 10€
- Ancient Agora: Full 8€ / Reduced 4€
- Temple of Zeus: Full: 6€ / Reduced: 3€
- Panathenaic stadium: Full: 5€ / Reduced: 2,5€
- Museum of Acropolis: 5€
- Ancient Corinth: Full: €8, Reduced: €4
- Acrocorinth: Full: €2, Reduced: €1
- SKIP THE LINE AT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES IN ATHENS.
Skip the line at the Acropolis sites
You can buy your ticket online and avoid delay. In order to buy tickets online, click on the following link. You can book the combined ticket which includes all sites except museums in Athens.
Skip the line at the Acropolis museum
Skip the line and avoid delays by booking online your ticket for the Acropolis museum. In order to buy tickets online click on the following link.
- Reduced ticket: European citizens over 65 years old, University students
- Free entrance: Children and young people up to the age of 25, from EU member-states, upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- Children up to the age of 5, from non-European Union countries, upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
Vehicle: Mercedes sedan – Capacity: 4 persons + driver
Vehicle: Mercedes minivan – Capacity: 5 up to 7 persons + driver
Museums and Archaeological sites are closed:
- 1 January: closed
- 6 January: closed
- 25 March: closed
- Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
- Easter Sunday: closed
- 1 May: closed
- 25 December: closed
- 26 December: closed
Museums and Archaeological sites are open 08.30-15.00:
- Shrove Monday:
- Holy Saturday
- Easter Monday
- Holy Spirit Day
- 15 August
- 28 October
Athens sightseeing & Corinth canal full day tour
With our Athens sightseeing and Corinth canal tour, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the most wonderful highlights of Athens, the unique hill of the Acropolis and walk in one of the oldest cities in the world. The ancient theater of Dionysos will fascinate you and the view from Lycabetus hill is unique! The tour continues to Corinth and the famous Canal of Corinth and we will continue our tour to reach the Ancient Corinth. A visit to the Archaeological Museum and Acrocorinthos will impress you!
- Temple of Athena Nike
- Temple of Zeus
- Lycabetus hill
- Change of the Guards
- The Parliament building
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth
- Photography is allowed throughout the tour.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses can be really helpful all year round
Activity Level Medium